Hi, I’m Esther Omolola Ademiju, a Christian, Nigerian, Licensed practical nurse, a current BSN Nursing student at Chamberlain College of Nursing and an aspiring surgeon. I was born and raised in Nigeria and spent all my childhood there. I am so happy and grateful I spent so much time back in Nigeria because the memories made there, both good and bad have been a great look back and influence unto my current self. I am an introvert who loves to talk. Ironic right? But it’s quite true. I am an introvert but my passion and love for God won’t allow me to keep my mouth shut. I just can’t sit and watch while someone goes down the path of destruction because I am an introvert, I have to talk. So, in my weakness, God’s strength and grace is sufficient and made perfect. We are a perfect combo✌️.
Saved by grace
I am not perfect, I make mistakes, commit sin, get angry, curse people out, disrespect people, and so many other things. But, I realized that God doesn’t wait for me to be perfect before he accepts me. In fact, there’s absolutely no way I could be perfect outside of God. My journey to perfection only starts when I accept his son as my Lord and Savior and I keep my faith in him. Then he will prune me with the help of the holy spirit.
And, thanks to God’s boundless grace upon me, I am who I am today. “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain.”- 1 Corinthians 15:10 (ESV). I am a growing Christian, a work in progress, and it gets better every day. I definitely cannot compare my current self/life to that of my past. However, before this new found faith and identity in christ, I had been to many altar calls especially after a very touching and awakening sermon and prayed the salvation prayer several times, but I always ended up in my old ways in few days. I wonder if a lot of you can relate to this. However, since the beginning of 2016, God got a great hold of me and He said, “Esther, the playing and joking days are over.” They really got over, things started changing in my life. I started thinking differently (When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things – 1 Corinthians 13:11), got interested in God more, had my baptism, started going to church more, studying and meditating on my bible more, meeting up with other members of God’s family more through Bible studies or a Christian book study and I realized that doing that has helped me to grow a lot and most importantly has helped me to remain in God’s family and my yearn for him increases daily. Surrendering all to God has made me a perfect candidate for grace. Knowing, loving and growing in God is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am forever grateful.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain – 1 Corinthians 15:10 (ESV).
Favorite things to do
I love to talk and chat with people; you guys will probably notice me talking too much through my posts. I think am one of those people that were actually born talking😂. Honestly, I talk too much and I know it (#Unashamed). I used to see this as a very bad trait and cautioned myself to talk less. BUT, ever since God revealed my purpose to me and I realized that talking and teaching his word was actually a gift😮. OMG, you all have not heard anything yet. I am NEVER going to get tired of talking/teaching about God and his kingdom. So, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to learn about our ONE & ONLY GOD and his will for your lives.🤗
I love to travel, even though I don’t get to do much of that due to school schedules and all. But, I will like to visit different places in the future. I am looking forward to it.II also love to sleep, but again school is taking away my sleep 😭😭 (This is so not fair) and I am so proud and happy that I am finally trying to live healthily because my body is the temple of the holy spirit and I have to take good care of it. I need more grace.🙏
Finally, I love serving at my local church and volunteering for events through my school association. Even though I haven’t done much of that, but with the few I have done, OH MY GOD!!!👍 The amazing feeling and joy I get from those, hmm hmm hmm, no bounds whatsoever. Now, this is one of the things I will gladly give up sleeping and waking up early to do.
I have an interesting and extended family, and I thank and appreciate God for each and every one of them. It’s been great growing through the family dramas and love-hate relationships. Aside from them, I have an amazing family of believers and friends. I thank God for these people too, because, they keep me on track, and they are shoulders I can always cry on (more of whining and complaining tho😃) when I need one.
GROWING GOD’S ETERNAL FAMILY – this is a blog that focuses on encouraging growth in God’s eternal family by fulfilling the great commission and commandment. As I mentioned earlier, I personally have grown a lot in my journey and relationship with God. Thus, I will love to use this blog as a platform to bring unbelievers into God’s eternal family while encouraging believers and members of God’s family to grow in their relationship with God. Following the great commission, as Christians, we are to go into the world and preach the good news and bring more people into God’s family. Doing this is also fulfilling the great commandment to love God and our neighbors. The Bible says, ““If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15 (ESV).
And if we love our neighbors as ourselves we will preach the gospel to them, bring them into the light and truth, show them the way to heaven and not hell. Also, to our Christian friends and neighbors, to love them is to encourage their growth consistently in Christ and keep them on the narrow path. Hence, we fulfill the great commission and commandment and grow God’s eternal family. To save at least one more soul for Christ and keep the already saved souls in God’s family will be a big “mission accomplished” for all of us.
Our purpose is for you to BELONG, GROW, GO OUT and REMAIN in God’s family FOREVER.
What do I mean by “BELONG, GROW, GO OUT AND REMAIN”? Let’s expand on that a little.
- BELONG (John 1: 12 – 13): First, accept Jesus into your life as your personal LORD and SAVIOR. Accept his free invitation & BELONG to the eternal family of God. Leave the world and all of its vain pleasures behind, pick up your cross and follow Christ. Click the “INVITATION” button below to accept God’s FREE invitation into his family.
- GROW (Ephesians 4: 14 – 16): Now, that you have received your salvation and you have become a member of God family and Christ church, we want you to GROW. This is the point many Christians today miss it. We accept Christ but we remain as babies. No! You need to grow and you do that by studying the word of God, fellowshipping with other believers, praying and spending lots of time with God.
- GO OUT (Matthew 28: 19): Now, that you are growing and bearing good fruits, it is time to go out into the world and win souls for Christ. Just as you were saved and came into God’s family, you must go out and bring more into the family and keep God’s family growing. This is why you must grow. Because God will not send a baby into the world or into war. You need to grow and reach a certain maturity stage for God to use you for his purpose. What gifts, talents, passion do you have? What has God called you to do? It is time to find that and start living in it, all to the glory of God and edification of the Church.
- REMAIN (John 15: 4 – 5): This is very, very important. Because as we GO OUT into the world as sheep among wolves, it is easy to get sucked into the world. But we implore you that as you are out there working for God and winning souls for him, do not forget WHO YOU ARE and WHOSE YOU ARE. Jesus talked and ate with the unbelievers but he did not become one of them, he did not lose himself or lose sight of his mission and purpose. So, we want you to forever REMAIN and keep in focus the eternal goal. And just as Apostle Paul said, that at the end of it all after going out to preach to others, that we ourselves do not get disqualified from the race (1 Corinthians 9: 27 ).
So, our GOAL is to meet you WHERE YOU ARE in your relationship with God.
- Are you an unbeliever? We urge you to accept Christ as your lord and savior and BELONG in God’s family.
- Are you a member of God’s family already but you are still a baby Christian? Then we urge you to start growing. Study the word of God, eat it, feast on it and find a small group of believers and fellowship with them. You might need to cut from friends and habit that keep holding you back. It’s time to GROW!
- Are you growing already but you are kind of a secret Christian and you have not entered God’s purpose for you? Then we urge you to GO OUT. Go out of your comfort zone, go out of your fears and out of everything that is holding you back. Start living in God’s plan and purpose for you and win souls for Christ.
- Are you living in God’s purpose for you already and winning souls for God’s kingdom? Then we want to remind you and encourage you to always remember who you are, whose you are and why you are doing all you are doing. You are a child of God, you might be in the world, but you are not of the world. And remember, It’s all for God Glory and edification of his church, don’t ever forget that and get big headed and starting living for your own glory. Don’t get lost in the world but REMAIN & stay planted in God’s family forever and EVER.
Thus, I am hoping that you and I, backed up with God’s grace can make this mission and purpose a success. You can definitely contribute to the success of this mission, by telling your friends and family about this blog and commenting on the blog posts. Your insights, knowledge and constructive criticism will be highly appreciated.
Please, stay tuned in and let’s Grow God’s Eternal Family together!🤗
Shalom. GOD BLESS!
To read more in depth about how this blog started and what this blog is all about, click here What it’s all about!!!